Walk4Humanity 2016 will be organized at Dataran Kemerdekaan Shah Alam on 10th April 2016.
* For online registration, please visit this website https://www.simplygiving.com/Home/Register?EventId=21cfa132-11b7-4bc0-ba58-d153022bf0ed
The third Walk4Humanity event is coming your way!
Rose2Rose has successfully organized two Walk4Humanity event previously, on 6 April 2014 at Padang Merbok, Kuala Lumpur and the latest on 5 April 2015, at Taman Tasik Titiwangsa. These events were attended by almost 3000 participants overall, with a collection of over RM212,000 from the proceeds of entry fees and donations from corporations and individuals. The collection was used to build and fund four of Rose2Rose's women community centers, as well as other women empowerment and children education projects.
As for this year, Rose2Rose wishes to raise money to help injured Syrian and Palestinian children - who have lost their limbs and arms during the crises to be able to move independently again!
Given the encouraging response from the local community, Rose2Rose is holding its third Walk4Humanity event for the noble objectives below:
1. Raise monetary donations to fund for prosthetic arms / legs or wheelchairs for handicapped children who are victims of the wars in Syria and Palestine, to assist them with their daily life.
2. Raise monetary donations to fund community centers and / or support activities to empower women and children in Palestine, Syria, Rohingya, Malaysia, and other countries around the world
3. Encourage exercise and promote a healthy lifestyle
4. Promote community participation in humanitarian issues as well as disseminate accurate and updated information regarding humanitarian issues
5. Promote healthy relations between people regardless of gender, color or ethnicity, religion, and nationality.