FinTechathon: Hacking the Wealth Management Industry will be organized at RHB Complex, Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor - No.8. Jalan Institusi, Kawasan Institusi on 13th - 16th May 2016 (Friday - Monday).
* For more information, please visit this website https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fintechathon-hacking-the-wealth-management-industry-tickets-24503522696?aff=ebrowse
The tides are changing in Wealth Management Island. There's a new generation of investors that are speaking a different language with their expectations in this industry. Now is the time to introduce a new wave of disruptors that can change the future!
Join for 48hrs of innovation and some serious hacking at the very first FINTECHATHON in Malaysia! RHB Bank is opening its doors to host the hackathon at the RHB Complex, Bandar Baru Bangi.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Developers, Designers and Business minds.
Are you at home plugged into your computer deep in code? Or do you love designing up new solutions? Are you a student looking to expand your skills? Do you work in a bank / wealth management firm and see opportunities to revolutionise the industry? Yes? Then sign-up now!
By the end of this decade, millennials will represent the largest ‘adult’ group, and nearly two thirds of the world’s millennials are in Asia. They are less financially savvy, more sceptical of financial advisors and consume ‘digitally’. This poses a challenge to banks and traditional financial advisors to adapt to this new customer profile.
1) How can technology be used to better tailor wealth management services to millennials? This should consider how to improve user acquisition and retention.
2) How can big data and analytics be used to strengthen the advisor-client relationship and to predictively offer/customise wealth propositions to advisors?
3) How can technology be used to encourage millennials to save and ultimately grow their wealth without the need for human advisors?
19:30: Team formation
9:30am: Ideas Sharing
10:00am: Get Hacking!
10:30am: Mentor feedback session
5:00pm: Mentor feedback session – still on track?
7:00pm: Dinner & Entertainment
8:00pm: Keep on Hacking!
8:30: Breakfast & Pitch training
11:00am: Final Mentor Check-in
3:00pm: Submit slide decks
3:00pm: Coder peer review
5:30pm: Winners announced
6:00pm: Drinks & Networking
1) Pre-hacking is welcome, but not compulsory
2) Minimum team size 2, maximum 5.
3) All teams to be formed and challenge statement submitted by 10:00AM, 14th May
4) Building a working prototype is not compulsory, we will accept wireframes and a solid business plan
5) However, extra points (10/50) will be available for teams with working code
6) All IP belongs to Hackers