Last Thu Entrepreneurs Meet (KL/PJ) will be organized at HSpace @ Kota Damansara, D-09-05, Menara Mitraland, Jalan PJU 5/1, Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Selangor on 28th April 2016 (Thursday).
* For more information, please visit this website https://www.eventbrite.com/e/last-thu-entrepreneurs-meet-klpj-tickets-23950835594?aff=ebrowse
*** Summary ***
Business meet (est 2014) for entrepreneurs & business owners to:
1. Social - get to know who else is in your industry
2. Network - build up their business contacts of possible customers or suppliers
3. Mingle - Meet other entrepreneurs, business owners, investors/VC
4. 10-15m (out of 3h) = short sharing by experienced entrepreneurs & business owners
*This community initiative to assist new & existing businesses is organized by PowerTheBusiness ( http://www.PowerTheBusiness.com ) & Entrepreneurs Club Malaysia
*** Who should attend this? ***
Decision makers in companies, business owners/partners, entrepreneurs, professionals or those who intend to start their own business in the future.
7.30 PM to 10.00 PM - Business Networking. Don't worry about arriving early or late.
~8.00 PM to 8.15 PM - Speakers sharing their secret to success (subject to availability, check speakers). You can ask any speaker any questions (for advice or guidance), or u can network with the speaker.
*** Speakers ***
Short 2-3 minute allocated per speaker. Speakers are not allowed to pitch/sell products. If you wish volunteer to be a speaker contact the organizer.
Speakers > Steven Cheah : Founder & lead person for PowerTheBusiness initiative ( http://www.PowerTheBusiness.com ) that focuses on helping existing & new business grow. Also the CEO for KSA.
Speakers > Stephen Yong : Founder & owner of Malaysia Barista (est 2014 , http://www.MalaysiaBarista.com ) , having been featured on almost all media (TV3, NTV7, Bernama TV, BFM, etc)
Speakers > Flora : Founder of Hspace Co-working space
*** Cost / Fee ***
This event = free, pay for your own food+drinks if you consume any
*** Venue ***
Hspace (No food at the venue. So eat first before coming)
How to park/get there: If left = Cosan coffee, turn left into parking right after. Go up the ramp. Take the first left. Follow sign that says Menara Mitraland. You need to register for access card to enter. After u pass security check, take the lift on the right, level 9.
Pictures of past event: http://www.meetup.com/kl-coffee/photos/23586192/
*** Notes/Reminders/Rules ***
1. No hard selling, don't pester or force people to buy/join
2. Don't over sell your self, company or product. Ex: Introducing your company or product yes for 2-3 minutes is acceptable, but not if you keep going on about it for 1 hour+
3. Not welcomed: Snake oil (Miracle) schemes not allowed (ex: xxx product that can cure AIDS, Cancer, makes you immortal/god, product that can guarantee to make you a millionaire if you invest xxx)
4. Not welcomed: All investment `schemes` are not allowed (ex: I represent a marketing company in Singapore selling Sugar investment by this firm in UK who is own by a group of VC in HongKong). Finding investors for YOUR company, or looking to invest = ok
5. Not welcomed: Vulgar, rowdy, drunk, high or clinically insane people
6. Used to be called Business Networking over Coffee (est 2014)
*Sample pic of one of Stephen Yong's previous business events