Keeping the Flame Alive will be organized at Training Room, MIM's Office, Jaya 33 on 18th May 2016 (Wednesday).
* For more information, please visit this website http://www.eventbrite.com/e/keeping-the-flame-alive-tickets-22828194745?aff=erellivmlt
The greatest challenge executives face each day is managing people. For every organisation, anywhere in the world, people are both their greatest asset and
sometimes their biggest liability.
A great many factors contribute to an individual’s personality. As a result, managers often struggle to maintain a balance between systems performance and
the needs and aspirations of their team. This is especially true if managers are trained to believe that 2+2 simply must add up to 4, and the laws of science
and mathematics are absolute and accurate.
But, train a good systems and process executive to manage people well and you have the makings of an excellent CEO. The question is: Do you want to be
one, and are you ready to rise to the challenge?
John Ambrose is CEO of the WA Division of The Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia.
He has worked with the Australian Institute of Management – Western Australia as a corporate trainer and Overseas Business
Development Manager, and has also served the Australian Workers’ Union as their Training & Development Manager in Western
Australia. Previously, he has facilitated workshops for graduate students in a number of business schools in Australia.
He has also served as General Manager of the Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management, and as the Training Manager of
the Hong Leong Group of Companies in Malaysia.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to understand:
- What is Leadership, really?
- The Skills of Good Leadership
- The Art of Leadership
- Making the Art and the Science work for You
BENEFITS & FEES
- CPD talks are complimentary for MIM Individual members who may also bring along twocolleagues free of charge
- MIM Corporate members receive five complimentary seats. A fee of RM20 is charged for each additional participant
- Non-members are required to pay RM50 per person
- Payment can made online, via a bank or in cash before the talk’s commencement
Please note that the “CPD TALK” session is designed and organised exclusively for members and since seats are limited, it will be on a first-come first-served basis.