Barista Workshop - Pulling the perfect espresso shot will be organized at Hobby N Coffee, 1st Floor, 12 Jalan Mohd Fuad 2, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, Kuala Lumpur on 14th August 2016 (Sunday).
* For more information, please visit this website https://www.eventbrite.com/e/barista-workshop-pulling-the-perfect-espresso-shot-tickets-25832345240?aff=es2
1. You will learn how to pull the perfect espresso shot.
2. You can choose to make (one of): Espresso, Americano, Long Black
3. You can choose to make standard 1 shot or duplio (2 shot)
4. You are allowed to bring up to 4 friends who does not need to participate to accompany you, help you drink the coffee, or taste your coffee.
5. Coffee talk
6. Make new friends
Info: Espresso is the base for all espresso based coffee that includes Long Black, Americano, Latte, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato, Mocha, Flat White, etc.
1. How to store coffee beans
2. How to grind coffee beans
3. How to use an espresso machine (commercial version)
4. Safety in using an espresso machine
5. Perfecting coffee tamping
6. Pulling the espresso shot
Conducted by (Who am I)
Stephen Yong , Senior barista for Hobby & Coffee, Coffee Trainer. As a professional coffee trainer my job is to train baristas in various cafes around KL.
I specialize in authentic Italian and European style espresso making. Me & this coffee training has been featured in TV (Bernama News, Bernama The Nation, NTV7, TV3), Magazine (TimeOut, HerWorld, Female, Citta Bella), Radio (Hitz, BFM).
- My FB page: https://www.facebook.com/stephen.yong.gamestotal
- HobbyNCoffee: https://www.facebook.com/MalaysiaBarista
- MalaysiaBarista: http://www.malaysiabarista.com/en/c/
Pictures of my past event pictures: http://www.meetup.com/kl-coffee/events/229482878/
Don't worry about arriving late.
Cost / Fee
RM 50 for anyone participating. Includes usage of the venue & machine, coffee talk, a cup of coffee. No food at the venue, have your food first or later.
Note: This is a community service for the meetup group/club. Barista trainer provides professional Barista Training courses ( http://www.MalaysiaBarista.com ) at RM 750 per person.
Hobby N Coffee (Website: http://www.hobbyNcoffee.com )
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/razIw
Landmarks: 1st floor, On top of peekaboo (orange) , a few shops down the road from Ttdi mcdonalds. Mcdonalds is next to secret recipe & behind celcom, celcom is opposite vads (old IBM) building near Pizza Hut.
If u get lost, Cafe phone: +60 3 7731 6602
Rules & Disclaimers
1.All participants enters at his/her own risk. The Organizer, Barista or the cafe will not be responsible for any injury sustained during this workshop due to personal negligence or negligence from other participants.
2. Don't harass other attendees by pushing products or services to them.
3. No outside food or drinks (ex: having a picnic by bringing home cooked food, or beer into the venue)
4. Attendance disclaimer: Sometimes people RSVP but don't show up, or show up without RSVP. This is out of my control so be inform that I will not be responsible if no one shows up or if too many people shows up.
5. Organizer could taking pictures to post in the meetup group, if this were to occur he/she will try not to take clear face pictures.
6. If you are taking pictures of other attendees (clear face), do ask permission first.
*Picture of Stephen on TV (NTV7, Bernama TV, TV3) & the perfect espresso shot (crema color looks so good!)