Pokemon VG Malaysia Premier Challenge Autumn #1 will be organized at Impulse Gaming Sunway Branch on 25th September 2016 (Sunday).
* For more information, please visit this website https://www.facebook.com/events/1757576071183440/
Entry fee: Rm15
Admission Time: 11.00am - 12.30pm
Starting Time: 1.00pm
Organizer Name: Wilson Choong
Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Max number of participants: 40 (we will allow more if we can fit players in to the space provided)
[ Category: Untethered VG Modified ]
The Modified format is the standard tournament format for Pokémon Organized Play Premier Events. A Legal Pokemon team for the Modified format 2016–2017 VG tournament must have the blue pentagon symbol on their Pokemon. Players will engage in a Double Battle with Normal Rules with a team consisting of 6 Pokemon which fit the below requirement:
All games shall run at maximum 20 minutes per game with 45 seconds per turn.
- Only Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Game cartridges or eShop downloadable versions are permitted for use.
- Pokémon used in the Modified Format must have a blue pentagon in the Pokémon summary screen. This indicates that the Pokémon was caught during regular gameplay, hatched from an Egg, obtained within the game, or was officially gifted in either Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.
- All forms of Mew, Diancie, Deoxys, Jirachi, Celebi, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Hoopa and Volcanion are banned
- Players are allowed up to 2 of the following Pokémon in any forms: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde.
- Players are not allowed to use the item Soul Dew
- Pokémon are allowed to Mega Evolve and undergo Primal Reversion.
- All Pokémon under the Normal Rules condition are leveled automatically to level 50. This unfortunately means that players will not be able to use certain strategies that involve intentionally underlevelled Pokémon.
- Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities.
- Players may use items that have been officially released via Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
- Species Clause: No two Pokémon on a player's team can share the same Pokédex number.
- Item Clause: No two Pokémon on a player's team can hold the same held item.
Gameplay Rules and Penalty
- Players are to select 4 Pokemon from their team to battle under the Normal Rules condition. Failure to start the battle with 4 Pokemon is considered a broken game state and denotes to a GAME LOSS for the player who committed the offence.
- Players with more than 2 of the Restricted Pokémon will receive a GAME LOSS and have one of the Restricted Pokémon removed with no replacement allowed.
- As Normal Rules do not filter the team via Species and Item Clause, players will need to be vigilant especially during team preview and gameplay. Players found using a team with a duplicate Pokemon/Item will receive a GAME LOSS and will need to remove their duplicate Pokemon/Item before the next round starts.
- All Premier Event games are done in Swiss format with Top Cut. In Swiss format, a player is NOT eliminated from the tournament upon losing a single game and is recommended to continue playing.
TOURNAMENT PRIZES FOR OVERALL WINNERS
-Physical prizes distribution are subject to overall player attendance. More attendance, more prizes! The indicated prizes are the minimal player attendance prizes for Normal Structure-
+ 20 Championship Points
+ Pokemon TCG Premium Box
+ Premier Challenge Champion Certificate
+ 14 Championship Points
+ Pokemon Center Pokedoll Plush
+ Premier Challenge Finalist Certificate
+ 10 Championship Points
+ Pokemon Center Mascot Keychain Plush
+ Premier Challenge Finisher Certificate
[5th - 8th place]
+ 6 Championship Points
-Elevated Prize Structure TBA-
This tournament does not require an invitation or qualification. All players in good standing are welcome to participate. Players must bring their own system in the Nintendo 3DS family, Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Game Card or downloadable version, and charger.
Players must have a Pokémon Trainer Club account with a Player ID attached, and they must have opted in to the Play! Pokémon program in order to earn points and awards.