Mangosteen Day: Learn about mangosteen, nutrition and cosmetics will be organized at Taylor's University - Lakeside Campus, Subang Jaya, 47500 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia on 12th November 2016 (Saturday).
* For more information, please visit this website https://www.facebook.com/events/1062336643822772/
Mangosteen Day: Learn about Mangosteen, Cosmetics and Nutrition.
- Did you know 90% of cosmetics are made of plastics and acrylics/epoxies?
- Mangosteens take 8 years to mature before fruiting?
- Edible portion of the mangosteen is only 10%!?
- Why is Fibre is essential to Weight Loss?
Prepare to get your hands dirty!! It is a hands-on experience kids and adults. - FREE Admission, RSVP.
Family day for kids 8 and up.
A fun experience to open up your kids mind to science.
Adults learn how to make more conscious decisions and engage in hands-on activities.
Learn to: (RM900 Value!)
- Make, Olive oil soap with natural mangosteen skin as an exfoliant with pure lavender essential oil.
- Make your own moisturizer and find out what chemicals they use in moisturizers.
- Discover what is SLS, and why it is not always required?
Features of Event:
- Participate in our Mangosteen Eating Competition* !!
- Better practice your peeling and eating skills.
- Aprons & Gloves will be provided!
- Goodie bags worth RM100+ to given away to all registered participants!
*Competition may be changed to mangosteen ice cream competition if necessary
Cost of Event:
Event is FREE RSVP now to book your the goodie bag!
Walk-in participants are welcome but are not guaranteed to get goodie bags!.
Events Throughout the Day:
- Mangosteen Ice-cream eating competition.
- Making Mangosteen Slime .
- Making Natural olive oil soap with mangosteen exfoliant.
- Make your own natural moisturier with Mangosteen.
- Learn what are SLS, Parabens and 1,4-Dioxanes
Taylors School Bioscience - Nutritionist
"How to make conscious decisions on food products for the family"
Furley Bioextracts - PhD Food Technology
"More informed decisions on cosmetic & toiletry products"
Water is provided.
Food is available at restaurants at Taylors University Lakeside campus.
FREE PARKING !!
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Kids! Family Anybody who is looking for a day of fun!.
Cant Bring :(
It is a non-smoking event.
Co-hosted by Taylors University School of Bioscience.