13th Malaysian Scouts Jamboree & 2016 Kuala Lumpur lnternational Scouts Jamboree will be organized at Batu Metropolitan Park, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 25th November 2016 (Friday).
* For more information, please visit this website https://www.facebook.com/events/959883480798131/
13th Malaysian Scouts Jamboree & 2016 Kuala Lumpur lnternational Scouts Jamboree is conducted to gather Scouts from Malaysia and beyond, to create a network of brotherhood and friendship in Scouting at all levels - locally and internationally; to enhance the quality of the young people through global communication and adventure throughout the jamboree and to produce a next generation capable of skills and networking in a high capacity.
At the end of seven days, the Jamboree participants will be able to:-
- Establish and appreciate the sense of unity and solidarity in Scouting. Participants will share a common space and have responsibility for each other. The Jamboree will encourage the values of respect for one's own self and other people with emphasis on equal rights and peace;
- To raise awareness of unity and peace issues including identifying local actions that Scouts are undertaking;
- To support NSOs and encourage them to take an active role in developing environment education
programs and adopt the Messenger of Peace (MoP) Program of WOSM;
- To establish a network of potential leaders who can lead the Scouting movement in their respective countries, states, districts even local Scouts groups and share information on existing good
Participants (Scouts) : 12 to 17 years old
lnternational Service Team (lST) : L8 years old and above
Rovers, Scout Leaders, B-P Guild members & Commissioners
International Service Team: USD120
The jamboree fee for international includes inland transportation from the main checkpoint located at KL Sentral. Participants may use the Entry Checkpoints as stated below, before proceeding to the
Taman Wahyu KTM CommuterStation.
Suggested entry checkpoints:
1. Kuala Lumpur lnternational Airport - KLIA (by regular flights)
2. Kuala Lumpur lnternational Airport Terminal 2 - KLIA2 (by low cost flights)
3. Kuala Lumpur Central- KL Sentral Station (by train)
4. Port Klang Passenger Terminal (by ferry)
5. Terminal Bersepadu Selatan - TBS (by express bus)
o Participants arriving via KLIA or KLIA2 may take a bus to KL Sentral. Then take the KTM Commuter
train from KL Sentralto Taman Wahyu Station.
o Participants arriving via the Port Klang Passenger Terminal can take the KTM Commuter train from
Port Klang Station directly to Taman Wahyu Station.
o Participants arriving via Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS) can take the KTM Commuter train from
the adjacent Bandar Tasik Selatan Station to KL Sentral. There you will need to change to the other
KTM Commuter route to reach Taman Wahyu Station.
o The fee is also includes Jamboree Kit, materials, food (from 24th to 30th November 2016) and the
managemelft of jamboree activities. For those who have any special food requirements or diet,
please inform us in advance.
For more inquiries, please contact:-
13th Malaysia Scouts Jamboree Secretariat:
d/a Persekutuan Pengakap Malaysia
Rumah B-P, Jalan Hang Jebat,
50150 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 -2070 6978
Fax: +603 - 2070 9057
Email: maIaysiascoutjamboreekl201[email protected] com
Facebook : Jambori Pengakap Malaysia Kuala Lumpur 2016
Dato' Dr. Elli bin Mohd Tahir (Mobile) : +6 010 -2357557
Mr. Latiff bin Abu Hassan (mobile) : +6 011 - 1284 2534
Mr. Howard Lai (mobile) : +6012 - 216 0361