Kuala Lumpur International Youth Discourse (KLIYD) will be organized at Putra World Trade Centre, 41, Jalan Tun Ismail, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 26th November 2016 (Saturday).
* For more information, please visit this website https://www.facebook.com/events/1792251974348080/
RSVP / Register now at https://goo.gl/forms/G595pFxRgb4QGyr33
Nation Building School would like to invite you to the inaugural KL International Youth Discourse (KLIYD) 2016. KLIYD is a platform for young Malaysians to engage in international affairs. It is focused on the topics of security, sovereignty, culture and the role of religion.
Four prominent Malaysian government leaders will be speaking at KLIYD 2016.
DATE : 26th November 2016 (Saturday)
TIME : 8.00 AM - 5.00 PM
VENUE : Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC)
41, Jalan Tun Ismail, Chow Kit, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
THEME: “Empowering youth for a safer and better future”
KLIYD 2016 will focus on the role of youth in combating radicalism and extremism, currently plaguing our region. The horrors of ISIS in the Middle East has manifested itself in the attacks in Jakarta, the Philippines and even in our own soil with the recent spate of kidnappings in Sabah. The threat is not perception; it's real. Young people need to be involved; thus, the need for KLIYD.
1. The Honourable Dato' Sri Najib Razak — Prime Minister of Malaysia
2. The Honourable Dato' Seri Dr. Ahmad Zahid Hamidi — Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia
3. YB Dato' Seri Hishammuddin Hussein — Minister of Defence
4. YB Khairy Jamaluddin — Minister of Youth & Sports
5. Khairul Azwan Harun — KLIYD Chairman
6. Emir Hadzikadunic — Ambassador of Bosnia & Herzegovina to Malaysia
7. Ufuk Ulutas — Director of the Foreign Policy Studies, SETA Foundation
8. Rania Khalek — Contributor, The Electronic Intifada
9. Murtaza Hussein — Journalist, The Intercept
10. Sara Mahmood — Research Analyst, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS)
11. Nadia Murad — human rights activist / Goodwill Ambassador for the Dignity of Survivors of Human Trafficking of United Nations
12. Razak School of Government
13. Dr. Surin Pitsuwan — ASEAN, former Secretary General
For inquiries, please contact Marques Jeevan Menon
E: [email protected]ol.com