All entrants to this event must agree with these terms and conditions, and release from liability. If you are entering on behalf of someone else, you accept the waiver terms on their behalf.
1. I understand that competing in this event involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including but not limited to overexertion, heart attack, dehydration, or accidents. I understand that competing in this event involves running or walking on public roads used by other people and traffic, and I am aware of the hazards involved. The hazards include but are not limited to: vehicle traffic, actions of competitors, spectators, event personnel, weather conditions, and my physical and mental state of health.
2. I understand that I must not compete in this event unless I have trained appropriately, my physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner, and I confidently believe that I am sufficiently fit and healthy to compete in this event.
3. By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation which could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and/or recklessness and the negligence and/or recklessness of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include the organizers of the event and their associates, including agents, contractors, employees and volunteers (including medical and paramedical personnel) appointed for the event; the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted; any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever; and promoters, sponsors and event organizers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representative and assigns.
4. I consent to receiving any medical treatment that the event organizers think desirable during or after the event.
5. I acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken by organizers (such as course supervision, event rules and the race safety briefing) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety. I accept that I have an important responsibility to carefully read and listen to all safety briefings and to immediately seek clarification on anything which is not entirely clear to me.
6. I consent to the event organizers using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media. I consent to the use of drone aircraft directly overhead to capture images and video during the event.
7. I understand that I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
8. I understand that entry fees are non-refundable.
9. If the event is cancelled due to poor weather or any other condition beyond the control of the organizers, I accept that my entry fee will not be refunded.
10. I agree to my name and contact details being included on the event database. These maybe used for promotional purposes by event stakeholders.
11. I agree to abide by all race rules and directions issued by the event organizer.
12. I acknowledge that by reason of circumstances beyond the control of the event directors, it may become necessary or desirable to change the format of the event, and if that occurs, I consent to the changes and I agree that each and every of the conditions herein set out shall apply to that changed event.
13. If I am aged under 18 years, I will have these terms and conditions viewed and signed by my legal guardian (on physical forms) or agreed (through the online entry process) in order for me to compete in the event, and that my legal guardian will be responsible for my safety during the event.